About this Website...
This website is intended to be the official website for the Minneapolis Prospect Park neighborhood. It's for the benefit of the entire neighborhood, and is funded, developed, supported and operated for the neighborhood by PPA (formerly PPERRIA).
About Prospect Park...
The "Prospect Park Neighborhood" is the official city government designation for an area in the very southeastern part of Southeast Minneapolis. We who live here enjoy its urban-village feela small town in the big citywhere we can walk to: work, recreation, shopping, and community meetings & events. We have two community centers: Luxton and Pratt. Our closest institutional neighbor is the University of Minnesota; we are not only close to both downtowns (10 minutes each by car and 20 minutes by bus), but also we are centrally located to any place in the Twin Cities area.
Our sense of place is heightened because we have clear geographic boundaries.
- On the west: the University of Minnesota;
- the south: the Mississippi River;
- the east: the city boundary between Minneapolis and St. Paul; and
- the north: the railroad tracks and SE industrial area.
- Prospect Park Association (PPA) Office: 2828 SE University Av #200 612-767-6531
- Glendale Committee News
- Updated: Glendale Townhomes in Prospect Park: Proposed 13-acre Sale of Public Housing to Private Developers - report by Prospect Park Association Glendale Committee
- Glendale redevelopment Project Plan by MPHA [370KB PDF]
- Ward 2 and Prospect Park Demographic Profiles by City of Minneapolis
- Prospect Park 2020: managing LRT station & development impacts in immediate area. Maps, meeting agendas, guiding development etc.
- "Bridging the Gap" - Report on bike/pedestrian links between St. Anthony Park & Prospect Park. [2 MB PDF] Grand Rounds Parkway thru SE - Final Report
- Home Improvement Financing - Funds available thru Center for Energy & Environment
- UDA Live Near Your Work Website