prospect park association (ppa) committees, Task Groups & Delegates
All of our successes are due to the efforts of our volunteers working together in these various groups. Contact us for information on how to participate!
- Long-term working groups.
- Committee chairs are nominated by the president & approved by the Board.
- Most meet year-round, others are seasonal.
- Any resident of Prospect Park neighborhood may be a member and serve on a committee. There is no term limit for serving on a committee.
- Community Building (Listen, Learn, Ask and Transform how we do community work for all residents, homeowners and renters alike)
- Land Use & Planning (Zoning & Development; Project Review)
- Transportation & Safety (Walkability, Bikeability, Multi-Modal Transit, Traffic & Parking, Crime & Public Safety)
- Environment (Climate Action Plan and Resiliency, Neighborhood Cleanup)
- Admin & Finance (Budget, Accounting, and Funding)
- Nominations (Annual PPA election planning)
- Management Council (Board officer agenda setting)
Dormant / Past Committees (entries here serve as archival information on committee minutes, etc.)
- [Glendale (forum for old Glendale Residents Council; actions for Historic Preservation in response to proposed demolition)]
- [Livability (Housing, Arts, Culture, Concerts, Education, Equity & Diversity, Seniors)]
- [Neighborhood Relations & Outreach (NROC) (Association Communications, Outreach & Membership)]
Temporary working groups that report to a particular committee. Examples of task groups:
- Neighborhood Clean-up (re-occurs seasonally)
- Neighborhood Home Tour (annually)
- PPA Bylaws
- Identity & Branding 2013-2015
- I-94 Sound Wall 2010
Outside organizations frequently request a delegate to represent PPA in their meetings. PPA delegates are nominated by the president & approved by the Board.
Report to the Board via the Management Council.
Organizations with PPA delegates:
For contact information for any committee chair, task group leader, or delegate, please contact us.
Read the PPA Committee and Inventory Plan, January 23, 2017.